48 CAD including digital pattern.
Kit suitable for all knitters from adventurous beginners to experienced.
Slingo hat uses the mosaic knitting technique with slip one yarn overs to create puffy spots! Mosaic knitting is a great way to add colour to your knits as you only knit with one colour at a time. You slip stitches whilst working yarn overs which creates the 3-dimensional spots! (a bit like bobbles, without having to make a bobble!) There's a collection of YouTube videos if you need some help along your way too.
Available in 3 sizes, model wears size M and has a 21.5" head.
You will receive in your Slingo hat kit:
- Hand dyed soft DK weight yarn using natural, renewable and non-toxic ingredients
- 225m/ 246y - 100g of yarn total - 75g of the main colour and 25g of the contrast (spot) colour delivered in cakes ready to knit.
- Digital pattern
You will need to complete the hat:
- Darning needle
- Needles: 3.5mm/ 3.75mm/ 4mm / US 4/ 5/ 6 circular needle in your preferred length for making hats. If you'd like to use dpn's for the crown you'll need 4mm/ US 6.
- Stitch marker
You will need to know how to:
- Knit and purl
- Slip one yarn over - never done this before? There is a YouTube video so you can learn here.
Naturally dyed soft DK weight yarn :
- 100% soft 17-micron merino wool *superfine*
- 3ply DK / Light worsted weight
- 225m per 100g
- 246 yards per 3.5oz
- Colour accuracy varies by device, all kits are final sale.
Flat rate shipping available as follows:
10 CAD to British Columbia and United States.
16 CAD to rest of Canada.
Rest of World calculated at checkout.
Local pick-up available: New Westminster, British Columbia.